Welcome : I'm glad you stopped by - stay awhile and ponder...

... with THE Purple Fairy

Saturday 27 November 2010

Episode the First ...

This will be interesting methinks...  I was going to ask for assistance from my grandchildren to create this b.l.o.g. thingey but ever the independent old bag I thought I would have a go by my ownself.  I am a blog virgin and will probably end up a source of amusement for the more technically minded readers.  Never mind, it stops them picking on someone else ...

Now, what's The First View from the  Hive?
November has stamped her authority on the earth to remind us that she used to herald the Winter Season.  I remember seasons.  I remember a winter so hard that the snow reached the wires at the top of telepgraph poles.  My Dad used to tell me tales of watching rabbits jump over power lines whilst villagers dug out an escape route.  I remember seasonal foods and still swear by the rule;  do not eat sprouts until the first frost has dressed them.

My beloved garden has gone to untidy sleep although some defiant roses remain on undressed stalks.   The commerative rose I bought for the late Princess of Wales has a perfectly formed bud waiting to bloom.  Anticipation will be heightened come Spring when I will be in awe of what has survived.  Last winter saw the destruction of all but one of my Hebes.

Now I need to clean and lay the fire - a heavy task that I struggle with.  I accost male strangers at will in an attempt to keep my indoor scuttle full of coal but mostly I have to collect wood and coal by my ownself.  My beloved MaddyMoo recognises the signal of the scuttle being dragged over the doorstep and is convinced that I cannot possibly complete my chore without playing fetchy catchy with her. 

I shall close now just to see what happens next
Love and Peace
THE Purple Fairy  xxx

2 comments: