Welcome : I'm glad you stopped by - stay awhile and ponder...

... with THE Purple Fairy

Sunday 10 April 2011

A Lazy Sunday Afternoon in April

I'm not sure where I am on the lazee-itis spectrum but as an unwashed benefit claimer sus-sppose I must be somewhere near the top percentile.  Percentile.  What a funny word!  Before it was explained to me by our wonderful Head of Learning Support, I thought it was a Latin derivative used to describe the symptoms of special needs.  Anywhey!  it's one of those words that fascinates me - like 'exquisite' (which I see as delicate, sparkly and tiny - a bit Kylie My-nog-knee ish; or, 'mayhap' which conjures up for me a serf in drab beige-y brown-y clothing but wearing a jolly red hat and long-toed shoes in royal blue. (No, I don't get it either.)  Back to being lazy; and I have been today - 'Idle-itis! That's your middle name!' I hear my dead Catholic mother say. 

The appearance of being busy is not the preserve of Catholics alone.  Oh - No - Siree - Bob!!!  How many people do you know who can manage to expand the task to fit the time?  It's as if they have discovered how to bend time to their will.  That young chap from Accounts?  Always with the busy, busy, busy !  He's forever up and down the corridors between floors 5 and 9 with reams and reams of papers.  Ah, but, the astute observer will have noted that;  a) the file is always the same file and is dated 1989, b)  he times his excursions fifteen minutes prior to authorised breaks and always returns to his work station precisely at the agreed return time from the scheduled break.  Monitoring his activities over say, a five day period, would, in fact, prove that he actually only spends 3 hours attending to actual work out of his contracted seven and a half hours.

I spent some time today regretting that I had not realised the film Mama Mia! was on the goggle box last night!  I fell upon it around an hour short of the end.  What a shame!  I wish I had seen it from the start.  Flipping great it was:  wonderful!!!  Cheesey? but of course;  believable as a tale? certainly not, a triumph of actors singing splendidly?  not at all!  What it was was a damned good, a feel good, an in-your-face-having-a-great-time homage to those Music Meisters: ABBA.  It made me laugh out loud, suspend belief and rather unexpectedly, weep (I gave myself a right good telling off I can tell you!).  It was obvious to a blind tortoise that those taking part were having a thoroughly good time!  How fabulous!  I do hope it is re-screened soon.

I'm kinda struggling today;  got too cold - April can be very deceptive don't you think?  She looks pretty enough in her spring frock with all its promise of the joys to come but she can be cruelly cold without warning.

I also think I may have used up the small amount nenergy I was granted today what with the washing and the setting of my hair and stuff.  I have fed my babies and fed myself so I think I shall indulge in a little more idle-it-ist and just go snuggle in the den and doze.

 Love and Peace
THE Purple Fairy xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment